its really fucking annoying how everyone is suddenly out of the blue an expert on the gaza situation and rambling on about it with their theories and paragraphs. just cause you’ve read articles and seen photos online doesn’t make you informed at all:
1: people saying palestine isn’t funded, this is a LIE. even the UN funds palestine, but unfortunately hamas steals all the money and uses it for their OWN safety and shelter. NOTHING is given to protect the civilians. in israel, there are shelters in EVERY SINGLE building in case of missiles.
2: hamas deliberately places themselves on the buildings of civilians waving their hamas flag. it is all a part of their cynical vile game; using civilians as targets in order for more deaths and more sympathy from the media; resulting in more funding.
3: the funding not only goes to the safety of only these terrorists, but also to the building of underground tunnels under gaza to reach israel and directly kill civilians and start a full blown war.
4: palestinians aren’t the bad guys. israelis aren’t the bad guys. HAMAS is the bad guy. this terrorist organisation is controlling the palestinian government, all their actions are fueled by uncontrollable hate and violence; their longing to destroy the jews is greater than their need to protect their own people. they will rather let their own people die than let the israelis (and the palestinians) live in peace.
5: israel has built hospitals in gaza for the gaza residents; HAMAS targets these hospitals and targets the people traveling to these hospitals. the more deaths, the better. A QUARTER OF HAMAS’S OWN MISSILES LAND IN GAZA ITSELF; they do not CARE.
6: palestinians want peace. israelis want peace. hamas is the evil mastermind behind this conflict. in israel, jews, christians, arabic christians, arabic muslims, even muslim arabic israelis live together in peace. they do not want hate.
7: there are people who have the nerve to say israel is starting a genocide on the palestinians. jews have been tortured under genocide and persecution for thousands of years. what they want is peace, to live a normal life. people even have the nerve to compare israel to nazis and palestinians to the jews. this comparison is absolutely vile, absurd, and irrational.
8: what is happening in gaza, it’s awful. but israel warns the civilians when they are going to shoot rockets to get out of their homes; they provide food, shelter, electricity for those in need. hamas doesn’t give a single shit about its people.
9: don’t say you’re pro-palestine or pro-israel, neither will help the situation. be ANTI-HAMAS. FREE PALESTINIANS AGAINST HAMAS; FREE ISRAELIS AGAINST HAMAS.
10: most pictures online are fake, and taken from photos of what’s happening in syria or iraq. some pictures are even stills from HOLLYWOOD MOVIES. don’t believe what you see unless you find accurate sources!
11: EDUCATE YOURSELF PEOPLE. THE MEDIA HAS FALLEN UNDER THE SPELL OF HAMAS.
My fandoms include Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, Harry Potter and many more.
Feel free to talk to me whenever you want.
“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.”
FOR USE OF
ADVICE & ASSISTANCE OBTAINABLE IMMEDIATELY
HOVER TO OPEN
– "I don’t know why we’re going after a beta when there’s an alpha on the field."
– "Because an entire pack of aphas went after McCall and he was the one left standing."
You’re a strong girl. Personally I think that you’re gonna pull through with a minimal amount of post traumatic stress. Or maybe a few years of profoundly disturbing nightmares.
What did they call it?
As they were crossing the yard, Prince Oberyn of Dorne fell in beside them, his black-haired paramour on his arm. Sansa glanced at the woman curiously. She was baseborn and unwed, and had borne two bastard daughters for the prince, but she did not fear to look even the queen in the eye.
They want us to stay out of it.
Are you guys kidding me?
I just read a criticism about Steven Moffat that said in his era, the companions lives revolve around the Doctor and they have nothing else. I’d seriously like to know what show they’re watching because it’s not this one.
- The only companions of the modern series whose lives completely revolved around the Doctor were in fact in the Davies’ era - Rose Tyler and Donna Noble. Martha Jones was brilliant and had her own life which is one of the many reasons why I love her the best in the RTD series. Since complaints are usually about the female companions, they’re the ones I’m focusing on.
- Rose Tyler has a boyfriend and a mother who loves her at the start of the show. Then she meets the Doctor and she suddenly dumps Mickey and leaves with this man. She’s shown that she constantly puts travelling with the Doctor over her family and the people she loves. By the end of her run, she chooses to stay with the Doctor over staying with her family in another world. When she is separated from the Doctor, she spends time trying any way possible to get to him even if it meant destroying worlds. By the time the Doctor leaves her off in the other world, the only way to satisfy her is to give her a clone of the Doctor so her life could continue to revolve around him.
- Donna Noble meets the Doctor on a terrible wedding day and declines his invitation to join him. But when we meet her again, all she can think about is her regret at not travelling with the Doctor and spends time investigating dangerous events because she wants to meet the Doctor again. She leaves her family behind and in her last episode, she says she wanted to travel with the Doctor forever and can’t think of a life outside of him. Her memories are removed and later we see that now she has forgotten him, she managed to get a happy life.
- Amy Pond meets the Doctor when she’s seven years old and she says she spent time with psychiatrists because of this meeting. She then meets him again when she has grown up and he doesn’t reappear again for another 2 years. But regardless of this she still lives her life and even gets engaged to Rory. She has doubts about the marriage but when Rory nearly dies, Amy’s doubts leave and from this point on, Amy always chooses Rory over the Doctor. By the season 5 finale, the Doctor tells her that she’ll be happy when she remembers her parents back into existence and starts a life with Rory showing that Amy’s happy end can be with the ones she loves and not just travelling with the Doctor. When she does travel with him again, she brings her new husband along with her. They are dropped back on Earth to live their lives and she happily accepts this. Amy gets a couple of jobs over the years and has marital problems with Rory that has nothing to do with the Doctor. She and Rory start living normal lives and they actually tell the Doctor that they’d be happier if he dropped them back at home so they could continue living their lives and only occasionally travel with him. In her last episode, Amy chooses a life with her husband over a life with the Doctor.
- Clara Oswald has a couple of meetings with the Doctor before the original version meets him. When modern Clara meets the Doctor, she’s working as a nanny/governess to two kids. She tells the Doctor that she won’t just up and leave her life and that she has a responsibility to the family friends she works for. She tells the Doctor to come back for her. After they travel together, the Doctor leaves her back on Earth so she can keep living her life. In the end she sacrifices herself to save the Doctor as many of the other companions have done and versions of herself are scattered throughout the Doctor’s timeline to save him much like Rose herself put the warning words ‘Bad Wolf’ across time and space, Clara put herself throughout time and space. When we see her in the 50th special, she has a job as a teacher and has her own life and the Doctor waits for her so he can travel with her.
Children. They were teaching children.
Rowena, Godric, Salazar; they tended to forget that. They saw young minds, young acolytes - eyes that would look up to them. Not innocence. Not childish wonder.
Toughen them, said Godric.
Make them smart, said Rowena.
And ambitious, above all, said Salazar.
But war and the real world; that was not where children belonged. Aye, they would belong one day, but it was not their part to turn them cruel, make them hard, make their eyes dart sideways always looking for ways to twist the world to further their own ends. They were to protect them. Shield them from the worst so that some good, some kindness would find its way into an ever darkening world. To give them weapons and teach them how to use them, but never tell them that those weapons were their only hope.
She’d seen in all the battles she’d rode out to just how dark the world could be. Was it not their duty to bring light into this world? To fight darkness with light; not with more darkness - with divisiveness and strife and hatred?
I will take them all, she said.
I will protect the ones you will not. I will save them. I will give them a home. They will be the last rays of all that is good in this world. I will teach them kindness. I will teach them loyalty. I will teach them selflessness.
I will teach them how to be the backbone, the heart of this world. I will teach them how to stand steadfast, when all hope is lost.
I will teach them how to be human, to be more than just one single word.
No, she knew, theirs would not be an easy path, or a glorious one. They would have no songs. No great tales in books. No laurels. No consolation, no thanks.
But they would be the reason why, when the darkness finally came, all of them in all their different colours would stand shoulder to shoulder and draw their wands as brothers in arms.
Not for achievements. Not for trophies. Not for power.
For goodness. For hope.
And when the time came for them to choose the words that would forever guide the children that would come to them, Helga smiled and engraved, upon a bronze plaque, these words:
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
(But her students remembered a very different set of words. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.)
(Helga Hufflepuff requested by boney-eyes-jefferson)
#and this my friends is why no one is quite sure what a hufflepuff really is #the answer is: everyone #they come in a million different shapes and sizes #they could be braver than gryffindors #and more cunning and more ambitious than slytherins #even smarter than ravenclaws #but they all come to hufflepuff #and there learn to be loyal and fair and goodhearted #and that quite possibly #is why hufflepuff has hardly any dark witches and wizards #because they have learnt how to be the very last line of defense #before chaos takes over the world #and this #THIS is the sleeping dragon you do not tickle #because if they can’t protect the earth you can be damned well sure they’ll avenge it